As the voice of the statewide construction industry, the Indiana Construction Association strives to meet the needs of nearly 300 member firms employing more than 45,000 individual workers.
Your membership in ICA offers you a host of services, products and features, including:
- Offer full complement of education and training courses for member employees.
- Provide educational programs for future industry leaders.
- Work with union trades to negotiate labor contracts.
- Assist members with grievances, contract interpretations and wage rate data.
- Oversee substance abuse testing program for applicable unions.
- Support apprenticeship-training programs available through specific crafts.
- Protect the interests of ICA members.
- Maintain regular contact with state and local government agencies.
- Monitor state and national legislative activities.
- Advocate the value of investment in Indiana’s public works infrastructure.
- Provide contact information for nearly 300 members, including contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and service providers.
- Maintain good working relationships with other industry trade associations.
- Encourage involvement in association committees.
- Host golf outings, member lunches and other events.
- Co-sponsor annual Indiana Construction Industry Conference.
- Provide marketing opportunities through sponsorships.
- Organize the ICA/INDOT Joint Construction Conference.
- Coordinate joint committees with INDOT, the City of Indianapolis, IFA, IDEM, Indiana Department of Natural Resources, IOSHA, and Indiana State Police.
- Issue weekly newsletters featuring meeting notices, bid and letting information, legislative and safety updates.
- Issue daily summary of construction-related news stories from Indiana media sources.
- Maintain website for member use.
- Help members establish basic company safety programs.
- Provide jobsite safety assistance and training.
- Hold safety education and training courses (including OSHA 10-Hour and 30-Hour).
- Provide staff assistance to member companies in the event of violation citations.
- Maintain partnership with Indiana Department of Labor.
- Provide Toolbox Talks reprints.